Springtime has sprung! While this means a time of growth, opportunity, and new beginnings is upon us, it also means that trees are shedding pollen, a major contributor to seasonal allergies. If you are among the many who experience anything from itchy watery eyes to couching and wheezing in the springtime, prepare to breathe a sigh of relief! This week we wanted to highlight a five natural remedies for seasonal allergies to help you breathe more freely.
- Himalayan salt lamps are an incredibly simple way of combating seasonal allergies because they nullify airborne pollutants like pollen as well as provide a respiratory and immune boost. Himalayan salt, when warmed, acts as a natural environmental ionizer. This means that the trace minerals contained within the salt disperse throughout an environment and counteract indoor contaminants. These minerals are also absorbed by the body and contribute towards enhanced respiratory health.
- The Himalayan Salt Air Inhaler is a useful device which utilizes pristine Himalayan salt to target pollutants that clog our breathing airways. The salt inhaler features a small chamber where salt is inserted and a nozzle through which to inhale. Simply inhale the mixture into the mouth and exhale through the nose to circulate the 84 trace minerals contained within your sinuses throughout your lungs, sinuses, and nasal cavities. The invigorating experience clears out the sinuses, opens the breathing passages, and helps alleviate a number of conditions.
- Allergy Easer essential oil is a special blend of oils used to assist respiratory issues. Containing organic Moroccan blue chamomile to reduce inflammation, Lavender for relaxation, and rosewood and hyssop for vitalization, this blend is helpful for treating a number of conditions from hay fever, seasonal allergies, including skin irritation, and asthma.
- The Neti Pot is a device that has been used for cleansing the nasal passages for thousands of years. First developed as a yogic technique for cleaning the internal side of the orifices of the body, the use of the neti pot has spread throughout the world. By pouring a saline solution from the pot into your nasal cavities, the sinuses and nasal cavities will be cleansed and reinvigorated. This is effective for clearing out any built up matter in your breathing passages.
- Lepidolite is a crystal known to carry a multitude of beneficial energies, especially in regards to ameliorating symptoms of allergies and strengthening the immune system. Lithium containing lepidolite works to remove negativity by clearing the throat, third-eye, and crown chakras, working to free up stagnant energies. By freeing energy flow, the body is able to eliminate particulates that are exacerbating an allergic reaction from the body.
Any of these natural cures will assist you in relieving any symptoms of allergies from itchy or dry eyes, coughing and wheezing, scratchy throats, upset stomach, to asthma and are available to find at The Om Shoppe & Spa. In addition, we wanted to take a moment to highlight 3 of this week’s trending products which compliment our topic of respiratory aids.
- Respiration Essential Oil contains Eucalyptus, Siberian Fir, and Niaouli, a powerful blend of nature’s strongest respiratory aids useful for easier breathing and respiratory relief.
- An Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser is the perfect way of receiving benefits from your essential oils. Long-lasting, these diffusers will fill your entire home with fragrance.
- Mystic Warrior Celestial Mist is useful for smudging your crystals, yourself and your surroundings. The essential oils of Lavender and Chamomile bring balance and courage, while the Dragon’s Blood resin infusion imparts respiratory benefits.