And How Sound Can Help Balance Emotions
Have you found yourself overwhelmed with emotion lately? Or maybe, not able to tap into how you truly feel? Authentic expression of your emotional self is tied to the high heart chakra. To help stimulate this high heart chakra and help you reconnect with healthy emotional flow, we’re including a beautiful F# crystal singing bowl meditation. We’ll also discuss how sounds, in general, can be a powerful catalyst for healthy energy flow of emotions. And as a bonus, we include a FREE downloadable guide on how sound can help balance your emotions.
Significance of Your High Heart Chakra
The high heart chakra, or the thymus chakra (as it is located at the thymus), is said to be “the seat of the soul,” and helps you move past the physical plane, returning to a connection with unconditional divine love. When the high heart chakra is healthy, it facilitates a deeper inner transformation, by expanding your sense of forgiveness and compassion.
A balanced high heart helps to open you up to selfless love, as well as self-love. On the other hand, an unbalanced or blocked high heart can manifest in either an unwillingness to see things past your immediate needs and desires, or opening to a higher perspective but losing your grounding in practical, situational reality. Sitting with your F# crystal singing bowl in meditation can do so much to uncover untapped emotion or calm untamed emotions.
How Sound Can Help Balance Emotions
Sounds, like the powerful hypnotic tone of a crystal singing bowl, can help rebalance the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system. But sound can also help us balance emotions in other ways. Beautiful sounds that resonate with our feelings (whether they be happy or sad), allow stuck emotions to be released within us. When played for long enough, sound can allow the strong energy of unconditional love to flow through our energetic points where emotion was stuck. This allows us to fill the emotional void in a healthy way, which can trigger a perspective more inclined to forgiveness and compassion.
Specifically, the thymus area, which is so close to the sternum, is said to respond to sound more acutely. This is because the sternum acts as a natural soundboard within the body, amplifying acoustic vibrations. The high heart chakra is said to hold a record of trauma and pain, and so, it is considered of high important for spiritual growth. By using music (which can touch the heart and change mood) and meditation (which can still the overactive mind) to awaken the high heart, you can open yourself up to processing emotions in a healthier way. Anything that provides catharsis to our emotions, from singing to dancing to chanting, to playing an instrument, to deep breaths, to laughing, all can be monumental in maintaining balance in the high heart chakra.
How to Balance Your High Heart Chakra With Sound
here are many ways to release stuck emotions, restore healthy energy flow, and inspire, compassion, self-love, and forgiveness. We have developed a FREE downloadable High Heart Chakra Sound Guide to help get you started on your sound journey. If you’re curious on how this compares to other chakras, be sure to check out the FREE Sound Guides for the Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra Sound Guide, and Third Eye Chakra Sound Guide, Crown Chakra Sound Guide, OM Chakra Sound Guide, and High Sacral Chakra Sound Guide that we covered in the past few blogs of this Sound & Chakra Series!
An F# Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation to Awaken the High Heart Chakra
As we mentioned in your High Heart Chakra Sound Guide, your F# crystal singing bowl can be such a powerful way to inspire a healthy flow and deep connection to your feelings, as well as inspire a sense of unconditional love and inclination toward forgiveness. Sounds that can touch our hearts and calm our minds, can soften and expand our understanding of our emotions to a place that reminds us of our unity with all things, and dissolves our sense of isolation and separation.
For this reason, crystal singing bowl meditations can be so powerful in restoring a compassionate outlook. Their gentle persistent pure tones are often transformative, as they hold loving space while you sift through and process the feelings that arise.
Visualizations can really help our mind connect with our energy field and work through any blockages we might feel. Before completing any of the meditations below, make sure you are following these fundamental first steps:
And remember that the more you practice sound meditation, the more strongly you’ll experience its effects!
FUNDAMENTAL STEPS TO MEDITATE WITH YOUR CRYSTAL SINGING BOWL…
- Find a comfortable, relaxing place where you’re not likely to be disturbed.
- Sit and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for a few minutes. As your crystal singing bowl sounds, feel your body relax. (Make sure you have a bolster or meditation pillow to lift your hips and allow your spine to be straight but your body relaxed.)
The more you can move attention to breath awareness, the more you can potentially release. When our hearts are closed and the body anxious, our breathing is shallow and constrained. So, make sure your chest is out, and allow your breathing to slow and deepen. It’s amazing what these seemingly simple changes can do to calm the mind.
STEPS 1 & 2 (Follow the fundamental steps above.)
- Imagine that you’re drawing a stream of soft white light of pure, unconditional love each time you circle the mallet around your crystal singing bowl. Find yourself sustaining the tone at a steady, calm pace as your breath syncs with your arm movement. Allow your hips to rotate with each circle around the bowl, syncing your body with the wave of the tone if it feels right for you,
- Once you feel calm, allow yourself to sing a melody of Ah’s to the sound of the bowl. Just allow yourself to sing whatever comes, without judgment. Allow your inner voice to express itself. And as any strong emotions arise, breathe in and allow the sounds of your voice and the bowl to release the feeling until it fades and the soft white light of unconditional love and connection from the bowl can fill that void.
- Stay with the feelings of connection and love until you feel strong enough to maintain it in waking reality. Give gratitude to your bowl for holding space for your peace and joy. And be aware of how your body and mind feel in this moment, knowing that this is always within you and that you can always come back and tap into this inner strength.
Sound is a medium for channeling energy, so the longer you continue playing the crystal singing bowl, the deeper and more easily your mind can stay in this meditation, and the more you will be able to feel the energy of flow and joy surging back to you, as you send it out with each rotation around the bowl. Bask in the energy of this meditation as long as feels right for you.
Be sure to explore the combination of your favorite mantras or meditations with sustaining your D# crystal singing bowl. You will certainly find yourself amazed at how much sound can elevate your ability to relax and reintroduce peace into your body, as well as enhance your overall meditational experience.
- If you bought your F# Singing Bowl from us, you know that it is made of 99.9% quartz crystal. Just like crystals, the more you meditate with it, the stronger your relationship with it. And the more powerful and easy it becomes to balance or charge your chakras with it.
If you want to learn more about how to create beautiful meditations with your singing bowls or other meditation instruments, or how sound can help your emotional well-being in other ways, sign up for our newsletter and stay tuned for upcoming courses, workshops, and webinars!
Vibrational Medicine Tools