And How Sound Can Help You Let Go
Do you have trouble letting go of habits? Do you often wonder about your life purpose? If so, you may benefit from some extra attention to your Soul Star Chakra? Your Soul Star Chakra is often referred to as the “Seat of the Soul,” because it is thought to connect your soul to a greater cosmic awareness. A balanced Soul Star Chakra can manifest as a grounding in your life path and a heightened sense of unconditional love and connection with all things. To help balance your soul star chakra, try letting go with our A# crystal singing bowl meditation. Keep reading to find out more about the soul star and how sound can help you let go…
Significance of Your Soul Star Chakra
The soul star chakra, known as the “seat of the soul,” helps in connecting you to a universal sense of love and light. It is located about six inches above the crown chakra, and when balanced, can inspire you to see the bigger picture of your life and find peace of mind and contentment.
The soul star chakra is associated with the idea of enlightenment, ascension, and transcendence. For this reason, deep meditation on the soul star chakra can serve as a trigger to let go of habits or old energetic patterns that may be holding you back from your happiness, peace, or soul purpose. Naturally, sounds that break up stagnant energy work really well to compliment the symbolic power of a healthy soul star chakra.
How Sound Can Help You Let Go
Sound is such a powerful tool for internal change. When used intentionally, it has the potential to change our brainwaves, mood, and emotional state effectively and quickly. Additionally, it has a beautiful capacity for expanding or creating lasting change in our neural pathways. If you are stuck in old patterns you want to do away with, consider where the heaviness of the energy may manifest in your body. Focus on sending love in the form of white light, and using sounds, like shakers, rattles, and bells, to break up the stagnant energy in that area of the body. Then, meditating on feelings of love and gratitude, while sounding a drone, like one of our ethereal crystal singing bowls or soft gonging on a set of Tibetan singing bowls, will help anchor the mind in the new feeling. For more on emotional transformation with sound, stay tuned for upcoming education workshops, seminars, and courses at The OM Shoppe & Spa.
How to Balance Your Soul Star Chakra With Sound
There are many ways to inspire connection with universal love and reconnect us with our life purpose. So, we have developed a FREE downloadable Soul Star Chakra Sound Guide to help get you started on your sound journey. If you’re curious on how this compares to other chakras, be sure to check out the FREE Sound Guides for the Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra Sound Guide, Third Eye Chakra Sound Guide, Crown Chakra Sound Guide, OM Chakra Sound Guide, High Sacral Chakra Sound Guide, High Heart Chakra Sound Guide, and Zeal Chakra Sound Guide. that we covered in the past few blogs of this Sound & Chakra Series!
An A# Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation to Balance the Soul Star Chakra
As we mentioned in your Soul Star Chakra Sound Guide, your A# crystal singing bowl can be such a powerful way to inspire a healthy connection with your higher self, universal love and your life path. Sounds that can stimulate our visual cortex and calm our minds, can deepen our body’s ability to tap into its self-healing abilities, and awaken vivid imagery in our subconscious mind.
For this reason, crystal singing bowl meditations can be so powerful in restoring a calming theta brainwave state. The gentle persistent pure tones are often transformative, as they hold loving space while you sift through and process the feelings that arise.
Visualizations can really help our mind connect with our energy field and work through any blockages we might feel. Before completing any of the meditations below, make sure you are following these fundamental first steps:
And remember that the more you practice sound meditation, the more strongly you’ll experience its effects!
FUNDAMENTAL STEPS TO MEDITATE WITH YOUR CRYSTAL SINGING BOWL…
- Find a comfortable, relaxing place where you’re not likely to be disturbed.
- Sit and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for a few minutes. As your crystal singing bowl sounds, feel your body relax. (Make sure you have a bolster or meditation pillow to lift your hips and allow your spine to be straight but your body relaxed.)
The more you can move attention to breath awareness, the more you can potentially release. When our hearts are closed and the body anxious, our breathing is shallow and constrained. So, make sure your chest is out, and allow your breathing to slow and deepen. It’s amazing what these seemingly simple changes can do to calm the mind. Feeling calm and safe in your space is also very important. So, especially if your meditation space also has other uses, it is important to cleanse the space before beginning, through your favorite energy clearing method, whether it be sage, palo santo, incense, aromatherapy, or sound.
STEPS 1 & 2 (Follow the fundamental steps above.)
- Strike the bowl gently with the mallet, twice on the East edge. Pause. As the sound wanes, check in with your body and see if you experience any energetic fluctuations. Tap twice on the West edge. Pause. Check in, and breathe through any energetic shifts, allowing the sound ripples to do their work. (Repeat for the North and South edges of the bowl.)
- Imagine that you’re drawing a stream of soft white light of pure, unconditional love each time you circle the mallet around your crystal singing bowl. Find yourself sustaining the tone at a steady, calm pace as your breath syncs with your arm movement. Allow your hips to rotate with each circle around the bowl, syncing your body with the wave of the tone if it feels right for you. Take your time. The longer you focus on the sounds of the bowl, the more likely you will fall into a theta brainwave state.
- Once you feel unwavering calm, chant a mantra that resonates with you and helps you feel connected to all things (i.e., “I transcend,” or “I am love”). Close your eyes, and allow the sound to stimulate your inner vision, and envelope you in the white light of peace and love. As you chant, allow whatever feelings or visuals may arise to be washed by the sounds of your voice, the drone, and white light.
- Once your 15 minutes are up, slowly begin to be aware of your body and waking reality. Give gratitude to your bowl for holding space for your peace. Remember that the feelings of peace that you created in your meditation are always within you and that you can always come back and tap into this inner strength.
Sound is a medium for channeling energy, so the longer you continue playing the crystal singing bowl, the deeper and more easily your mind can stay in this meditation, and the more you will be able to feel the energy of flow and joy surging back to you, as you send it out with each rotation around the bowl. Bask in the energy of this meditation as long as feels right for you.
Be sure to explore the combination of your favorite mantras or meditations with sustaining your A# crystal singing bowl. You will certainly find yourself amazed at how much sound can elevate your ability to relax and reintroduce peace into your body, as well as enhance your overall meditational experience.
If you bought your A# Singing Bowl from us, you know that it is made of 99.9% quartz crystal. Just like crystals, the more you meditate with it, the stronger your relationship with it. And the more powerful and easy it becomes to balance or charge your chakras with it.
If you want to learn more about how to create beautiful meditations with your singing bowls or other meditation instruments, or how sound can help your emotional well-being in other ways, sign up for our newsletter and stay tuned for upcoming courses, workshops, and webinars!