And How to Connect to Your Inner Wisdom Through Sound
Do you often overthink things and have difficulty seeing into the future? Are you having trouble tapping into your intuition or going with your gut feelings? If you find yourself feeling lost and lacking purpose, you could benefit from some third eye recharging. Because we know that sound can be an amazing tool to help release and transform stuck emotion, we’ve compiled a list of 3 powerful meditations to activate your 3rd Eye with your “A” crystal singing bowl. Scroll below to pick the one that resonates with you! You’ll also discover other ways to integrate sound into your daily meditation practice with our free downloadable guide to connect to your inner wisdom through sound.
Your Third Eye Chakra is Unbalanced If…
… you feel confused about your future.
When you are not connected to your soul’s purpose, you may find yourself unhappy and unable to have a clear vision for your future. Recharging your third eye, can help you remember what your soul’s passion is. And when you are aligned with your purpose, you can more easily create the future you resonate with.
…you second-guess yourself constantly.
What is your self-talk like? If you find yourself listening to your inner critic and not being able to hear your inner wisdom, the signs point to a blocked third eye. When you live in your head and are constantly putting yourself down, you end up silencing your inner wisdom, that part of you that is connected to your purpose, your needs, and your genuine desires. Your spirit knows what it needs for you to be happy, fulfilled, and thriving. Taking the time to meditate and become aware of those runaway thoughts, can help your inner wisdom surface loud and clear.
….your thought patterns keep you repeating negative emotional cycles.
Thoughts inform our emotions, which, then, inform our actions. Thoughts can be as freeing as they can be limiting. Working on overturning limiting beliefs can help you connect with your life purpose and see a clearer path for your future. There are many ways to approach uncovering and overturning the thought patterns that limit us, from having a consistent meditation practice to exploring your core beliefs to trying out Neurolinguistic Language Programming techniques. The important thing is that you keep exploring until you find what works for you.
…you feel a weakened sense of intuition.
Having a relationship with an embodiment of our inner wisdom, whether it is in the form of an inner child, higher self, spirit guide, guardian angel, or healed ancestor, can help us develop our intuition. And a highly developed intuition can help us navigate life’s murky waters with more confidence and clarity. Self-reflection, dream journaling, inner journeys, tarot readings, and other work with the symbology of the greater consciousness or higher self, can help us better understand the patterns in our lives. When we understand ourselves from this wider vantage point, we can more easily release the patterns that no longer serve us and embrace the change we need to achieve our higher goals.
A Healthy Third Eye Chakra Feels Like…
…trust in your intuition
You find it easy to hear and trust your inner wisdom.
…open-mindedness and clarity.
You remain open-minded but have clear insight into situations you are presented with.
…connection to your inner purpose.
You feel confident in your life’s direction and align your goals with your soul’s passion.
How to Balance Your Third Eye Chakra With Sound
Sound affects us in such drastic ways, and music is the language of the spirit! In a beautifully powerful way, sound can awaken, energize, and balance your throat chakra. Want to learn how? You are in luck! Click here for a FREE downloadable Third Eye Chakra Sound Guide. If you’re curious on how this compares to other chakras, be sure to check out the FREE Sound Guides for the Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, and Heart Chakra and Throat Chakra Sound Guide, that we covered in the past few blogs of this Sound & Chakra Series!
3 Meditations to Open your 3rd Eye with your A Crystal Singing Bowl
As we mentioned in your Third Eye Chakra Sound Guide, your A crystal singing bowl can be such a powerful way to inspire fluidity in your throat chakra. So we’re including 3 crystal singing bowl meditations to open and charge your throat below.
Visualizations can really help our mind connect with our energy field and work through any blockages we might feel. For each meditation below, make sure you are following these fundamental first steps.
And remember that the more you practice sound meditation, the more strongly you’ll experience its effects!
FUNDAMENTAL STEPS TO MEDITATE WITH YOUR A CRYSTAL SINGING BOWL…
- Find a comfortable, relaxing place where you’re not likely to be disturbed.
- Sit and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for a few minutes. As your G crystal singing bowl sounds, feel your body relax. (Make sure you have a bolster or meditation pillow to lift your hips and allow your spine to be straight but your body relaxed.)
The more you can move attention to breath awareness, the more you can potentially release. When our hearts are closed and the body anxious, our breathing is shallow and constrained. So, make sure your chest is out, and allow your breathing to slow and deepen. It’s amazing what these seemingly simple changes can do to calm the mind.
This is a great meditation for every-day throat chakra self-care.
STEPS 1 & 2 (Follow the fundamental steps above.)
- Imagine that you’re drawing a stream of indigo light up through your body towards the pineal gland. Start at the base of the spine and work your way up through your chakras. Let the energy move up higher and more fluidly with each spin around your singing bowl, keep a steady, calm pace.
- Picture that light solidifying into a beautiful, bright ball of deep blue/purple energy hovering over your third eye chakra. With every breath, sense the ball becoming bigger and brighter.
- As you focus on the light and sound, tune into a feeling of unconditional love and trust in universal wisdom as the light pervades your whole body. Sound is a medium for channeling energy, so the longer you continue playing the crystal singing bowl, the deeper and more easily your mind can stay in this meditation, and the more you will be able to feel the energy of love and connection flowing back to you, as you send it out with each rotation around the bowl. Stay in this meditation for at least 5 minutes until you can really feel the energy of love and a connection washing over your entire body and emanating from your A singing bowl.
2) Chanting Meditation
STEPS 1 & 2 (Follow the fundamental steps above.)
- Take a moment to focus your attention on your third eye center. The third eye center helps us to get in tune with our intuition and connect with our higher self, so become aware of any feelings that may arise around the third eye region. Don’t judge what you feel or try to feel anything, just observe what already is present for you in this moment.
- As you breathe in and slowly sustain your crystal singing bowl, imagine a loving energy of connection to your higher self (your inner child, guardian angel, or whatever higher guidance you resonate with) emanating from your bowl. (You can visualize it as white or dark blue/purple light.) This energy can serve to give you strength if you find yourself wavering through this meditation.
- With each exhale, begin to chant long and slow OM’s (Ah-um) in unison with your bowl as consistently as you can. Feel the OM opening your chest cavity and the long mmmm sound vibrating the energy through your body. Remember to keep your lower jaw relaxed (in case of tension, massage the jaw or keep your teeth from touching to avoid clenching). Pay attention to where in your body you are feeling the vibrations of your humming.
- Keep chanting for at least 5 minutes. Then, check back with your body to see how it feels. If strong emotions rise up, just focus on the beautiful tone and loving energy of your singing bowl and matching your chanting to its pitch until the feelings pass and are transformed by the intention of sound and love.
3) Third Eye Affirmation Meditation
STEPS 1 & 2 (Follow the fundamental steps above.)
- Focus your awareness on your third eye center, and picture a beautiful deep blue/purple energy of unconditional love and connection to your intuition…
- Set an intention of connection to your higher self, and visualize a triangle, as you close your eyes and bring them up to your third eye region (between your eyebrows).
- As you sustain your singing bowl, start a hum in unison with it, and allow this hum to turn into an “Ah.” go back and forth between the “mmm” and “aahh” to warm up your voice and establish a unison resonance with your bowl.
- With each slow full stroke around your singing bowl, begin chanting a third eye affirmation that resonates with you. (i.e., I trust in my intuition, I easily hear the voice of my soul, I have unlimited possibilities, All the answers I need are within me, I am connected to my truth, etc.)
- Continue this affirmation chanting, until your voice is consistent and unwavering and you can actually feel the truth of the words you are saying.
- After you chant out your affirmation, chant “OM” at regular intervals as you continue sustaining the singing bowl, to close your meditation.
If you bought your A singing bowl from us, you know that it is made of 99.9% quartz crystal. Just like crystals, the more you meditate with it, the stronger your relationship with it. And the more powerful and easy it becomes to balance or charge your chakras with it.
If you want to learn more about how to create beautiful meditations with your singing bowls or other meditation instruments, or how sound can help your emotional well-being in other ways, sign up for our newsletter and stay tuned for upcoming courses, workshops, and webinars!